Friday, February 18, 2011

Guess where I am?

Ah... it was amazing to get off the plane this afternoon and, despite instinctively bracing myself for the cold air outside, not feel any difference in temperature! It was just as warm outside as it was inside the plane, and it quickly became too warm for the jacket I had been using while walking in the snow towards the train station this morning in Oslo.

And just now, while waiting for A. at the hotel I started hearing thunder and, shortly after, the comforting sound of big drops of rain splashing against the window. Bliss! I love the sound of rain and thunder, especially when you are warm and dry and can watch the spectacle. This is one of the things I miss the most about very cold winters: snow is silent! It is like comparing a silent movie and one with a soundtrack... ;o)


So where am I? Currently in Athens, Greece.
And what justifies my location? Well, some craziness... A. has no classes this week and wanted to travel, I have to work though, so after some discussions I asked my boss if I stay a week away from the office, to which he agreed and I bought the tickets! I still need to work, but I brought my laptop and I have to plan classes for when I get back, so I'm hoping to get at least a couple of super productive hours of work each day.
Well, I guess they say people usually regret what they didn't do more than what they did... I'm betting on this!

And what's the plan? Well, no plan yet. Just got the tickets and booked us 2 nights in Athens. From here we might rent a car to go around the mainland or head to an island... Although from what I'm reading islands might be a bit like ghost towns this time of the year. So let's see...

No pics yet, but will post some soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment