Thursday, February 17, 2011

How much is a good boss worth?

Not in terms of money, but also in terms of quality of work. Having someone cheering you on, while also helping out when you get stuck really makes a difference in how you see your work experience. So I am very happy to say that I have a great boss now.


Ok, ok... that would not have been enough for a post, after all blogs are usually about "issues". A. just got accepted for a dual degree at a Brazilian university. This means that he's going to be there at the most by August. And we are both tired of the long distance thing... If Oslo-Paris is far I can definitely not imagine Oslo-São Paulo. But how much am I willing to compromise to fix it?

So A. is going to Brazil and I'm going with him. But I am most definitely not the house-wife type and cannot envision myself in an apartment full time. Do I look for a new job? I have an very good offer in Brasília, but this would again be 1300km (800 miles) from São Paulo.... Do I try to keep the current job I have by negotiating time in Brazil and time in Norway? But then, this is not a permanent position, so is it worth sticking around? Do I stick to looking for jobs in São Paulo, despite knowing my chances there are lower?

Too many questions floating around... I guess this shows some of the difficulties of managing 2 careers all over the world simultaneously...

No comments:

Post a Comment